How can they be getting ready to go to 1st Grade soon? Since I do not have children of my own, I have grown to take so much pride, pour all my love, dedication, and time into my class. I am confident in my abilities to teach, but every teacher looks back at the end of the year and says, “WOW, I really taught my students how to…” fill in that blank. In Kindergarten, you are teaching anything from social skills to letters and sounds to reading. I love that my students have reached their potential with my help.
Below are some things we did this year:
- Literacy Centers
- Math Centers
- Phonics Games (jumping out letters and sounds like the game of hopscotch!)
- Learning our: Letters & Sounds, rhyming, blending phonemes, blending word parts, beginning sound, ending sound, middle sound, deleting initial sound, deleting final sound… And the list goes on and on
- Numbers Egg Hunt, Eye Spy, and Where’s My Bear (A numbers game)
- Science Experiments
- We made our own Piñatas!
- We have become sounder – outers, readers, and writers.
- We are ready for 1st Grade!